- 200ml Cream
- 200ml Milk
- 50g Blue Cheese(mild one-Dolcelatte)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 10 crushed Oatcakes
- 50g melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Sliced 2-3mm Unripe Pears
- 2Tbsp+4Tbsp water Sugar
- For the ice cream, put milk, cream, sugar, cheese and vanilla in a pan and warm until cheese melts. Now beat the egg yolks until they go pale in colour. Transfer a little warm milk to the eggs then put this back into the pan with the remainder of the liquid. Heat, while stirring, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon like custard.
- Cool, then churn in ice cream maker.
- For base of cheesecake, pour melted butter with crushed oatcakes and sugar. Place mixture in an 8cm ring and put in fridge to chill and set.
- For the pears, heat sugar and water. Place pears in the mixture and cook for about 5-7 mins until soft. Once cooked remove, add walnuts to syrup and boil until this sticks to the walnuts.
- Put the pears around the sides of the ring moulds and trim the tops. Fill with ice cream and put back in freezer.
- Give it 15mins at room temperature to defrost before serving.