- 1 from a six bone rack of lamb Lamb Loin
- 5 slices. Parma ham
- 1 Anchovy
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 300g Petit Pois
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint
- 500ml reduced to 50 ml. Beef/Lamb stock
- 2 Tsp. Green Peppercorns
- 200ml Cream
- 100ml Port
- 1 small Onion
- Lay the parma ham slices side by side to make a rectangle big enough to fit the loin. Place loin on ham. Make a paste of mustard and anchovy, smear this in a line next to the loin. Season with pepper and roll up to make a parcel. Set aside in fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat oven to 90c. Unwrap lamb, place on baking tray and put in the oven. Cook until the middle reaches 60c. About 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, caramelise in a tablespoon of oil. Add the port and reduce until sticky, then add the reduced stock. Sieve to remove the onion. Now add the green peppercorns and cream to the port and stock reduction. Heat through and crush some of the peppercorns with the back of a spoon. Set aside until needed.
- Put the peas in a pan with a knob of butter and heat through so they are all defrosted. Season and add the chopped mint. Crush half of the peas with a potato masher, you should then have enough puree to mix with the other peas to hold their shape.
- Once the lamb is cooked, slice in half to show its magnificent pink colour. Create a circle of peas to place the lamb on and then reheat and drizzle the sauce around. Serve with some sort of crispy potatoes