I need to start this post by apologising. As these Lobster Avocado Truffles don’t actually have any lobster or truffle in them. They can have both, but I made the cheap version with some crayfish tails instead. I call them truffles as they are super luxurious to eat. They are a great make ahead starter to impress guests. Just imagine peoples reaction when you present them with an avocado. Only to be delighted by a heavenly surprise as they cut the tops off. The trickiest part of the exercise is peeling the avocado, so make sure they are very ripe.
- 4, medium Avocado
- 300g, chopped Crayfish tails, prawns or lobster
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Good squeeze Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 100g White and Black Sesame Seeds
- Carefully split all of the avocados in two with the skin on.
- Scoop out some of the flesh, leaving a 1cm border. Mash this up and add to a bowl with the remaining ingredients apart from the sesame seeds. Season to taste.
- Add slightly more mix to the holes than they will hold. This will help stick the two halves back together. Put each two sides back together and now very carefully peel the skin off.
- Once that has been achieved, roll and press into the sesame seeds.