This is a delightful refreshing dinner for those awkward times between Christmas and New Year. It is delicious and an impressive treat to serve up over the weekend if you have guests coming. This can be knocked up in just over half an hour too.[purerecipe]
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp White wine
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped Dill
- 1 Large Head Broccoli
- 40g Butter
- 400g, finely sliced. Shallots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp Cream
- 12 Scallops
- Sweat the shallots in a knob of butter with the garlic for 20mins. Transfer to a processor, add the cream and blend until smooth. For extra smoothness pass through a sieve.
- For the broccoli couscous, chop the head as finely as you can to get small but different sized "grains". Cook these in the butter for 8 minutes, season well.
- Over a medium heat fry the salmon fillets until cooked two thirds of the way up. Then flip and turn off the heat. Leave in the pan to finish cooking in the residual heat.
- For the sabayon, set a bowl over simmering water, add egg yolks, wine and lemon juice. Whisk slowly but constantly until it thickens. Once it is thick enough, remove from the heat and add the dill.
- Quickly fry all the scallops, one minute per side and plate up accordingly.