I know a warm Pistachio and Chocolate souffle straight out of the oven is probably not summer food. When it’s this good though, how could anyone resist. It is quite straight forward, although, if it is your first attempt at a souffle don’t try it for a dinner party. The souffle is simply flavoured with a pistachio puree. The sides of the dish are dusted with chocolate rather than sugar.
The slightly crusty brown outside is irresistible as you cut it open to reveal a lovely green interior.[purerecipe]
- 50g, Pistachio Puree
- 1 whole, 1 yolk Egg
- 100ml Milk
- 40g Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 25g Butter
- 50g Grated Chocolate
- 6 Egg Whites
- To make a pistachio puree, just blend 100g of pistachios until they form a paste. Now simmer half of this(50g) in the milk. Beat the egg and half the sugar together until pale. Add the flour, add the milk and whisk continuously until a thick custard is formed. Set aside to cool a little.
- Prepare 4 ramekins by coating with melted butter. Use vertical brush strokes only as this helps the souffle rise straight and even. Dust with the chocolate and place in the fridge.
- Whisk the 6 egg whites to stiff peaks with the other 25g sugar. Whisk the pistachio custard so it is loose. Add one quarter of the mix and whisk in. Now fold gently half the original volume of egg white, finally gently fold in the remainder.
- Transfer the mix to the ramekins, run your finger around the rim and bake for 10 minutes. 230°c/210°c Fan Gas 8.
- Dust with icing sugar to finish or more chocolate.