- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 4 Large cooked beetroots
- 60g Basil
- 50g Marcona Almonds
- 50-100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6-8 Baby Beetroot
- 2Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Blitz large beets into a puree. Add salmon marinade for 2-24 hours. I did 4 for the above meal.
- Make pesto by lightly toasting almonds, then blitz together with all the basil and enough oil to make a runny consistency. Season well with salt and pepper. If too bitter add a squeeze of lemon and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Put baby beets in foil with some seasoning, the vinegar and a touch of sugar. Roast uncovered for 20 mins at 180c.
- Place salmon in a pan with marinade. Add water to cover. Bring up to a slow simmer. Cook for 15mins or until salmon is 55c.
- Decorate the plate as best you can with the beets and pesto. Place the salmon on the side and even the polenta chips.