- Lemon Chicken
- 2, skinned Chicken Breast
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 medium Carrots
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp Cream/butter/milk
- 500g Jersey Royal(or new potatoes)
- 25g Butter
- 1/4 bunch Parsley
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250g Spinach
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 small knob. Butter
- Rub the oil, paprika and lemon zest into the chicken. Place in a container and marinate from 2 up to 24 hours.
- Roast the garlic bulb in some foil at 180c for 20 mins until soft. At the same time boil carrots until soft. Transfer to a processor, squeeze out the garlic into the processor with the carrots. Season with salt and white pepper Add a little bit of cream or a knob of butter and puree, pass through sieve for really fine texture.
- Simmer the new potatoes for about 20-25mins until soft but not mushy. They should retain a bit of bite so the crushed potatoes have different textures. In another pan melt the butter with garlic, add the parsley and leave to infuse as the potatoes cook. Add this mix to the potatoes once they are cooked and crush with the back of a fork. Season.
- Once the potatoes have had 10mins get your chicken on. In a pan heat a tablespoon of oil, add another teaspoon of paprika and the cinnamon stick. Next add the chicken and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 mins a side. Cut your zested lemon in half and cook flesh side down until it caramelises. Reserve.
- In a another pan, wilt your spinach with some butter, season with nutmeg, salt and black pepper.