Festive greetings and best wishes to all. Since we are all feeling a little roast dinner/meated out, I thought this would be a pleasant change to the hearty waist busting dishes we consume over the next few days. I love Thai/Asian flavourings, and nothing beats a homemade curry paste. My curiosity gets the better of me and I want more than just green or red. Hence, I made this one up. I was lucky enough to find some fresh turmeric, Asian supermarkets will have some. The best comparison I can give is the difference is similar to fresh ginger and ground ginger.
Another part of this dish I urge you to try is the Thai sticky rice. I could quite happily eat bowls of this just for my dinner. It goes perfectly with a curry dish as it loves to absorb all the curry sauce.[purerecipe]
- 100g Shallots
- 2 Tbsp Stems, 1 Tbsp Leaves Coriander
- 20g, leaves only Mint
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced GInger
- 50g, peeled or 2 Tsp powdered Fresh Turmeric
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass
- 2 Tsp Palm Suagr
- 1 Tsp Pink Peppercorns
- 2 Chillies
- 6/person King Prawns in Shell
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 250g cubed Squash
- 1-2 Tsp Tamarind Puree
- Juice of 1. Lime
- Thai Sticky Rice to serve
Masala Curry Paste
- In a food processor, mix all the paste ingredients together. This is best done a few ahead but not essential.
- Cook the paste in a some coconut oil for 5 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Add the squash and coconut milk. Simmer for a further 5 minutes and then add the prawns.
- Taste the sauce and add a little of the tamarind, fish sauce and lime juice to taste.